When it’s the time of year that we start to use our screen windows and doors spring is just around the corner and our house is calling for it’s clean up before summer comes! In this post we’ll go over ten easy cleaning tips for a fast clean up around the house!
1. Get the Fabrics in Order: Wash the pillow covers, mattress pad and pillows (that can be washed) from everyone’s bed as well as any from couches! After this do a separate load of laundry with kitchen, doorway and bathroom mats!
2. Sanitize the Work Areas: Whether it’s you desk, where your children do their homework or the computer of your significant other, take a lightly dampened microfiber cloth and wipe down commonly used surfaces.
3. The Microwave: Our microwaves can get quite grimy if you don’t have regularly scheduled cleanings or keep up with it on your own. Give the microwave a good cleaning and if there are any unwanted smells you can slice a lemon in half and let it sit on high for a few minutes for a nice citrus scent!
4. Area Rugs: Any area rugs that are easily moved and carried around should be taken outside and shaken thoroughly! Hang them outside for an hour or so before bringing them back in to minimize dust.
5. Bring Spring Inside: Now’s the perfect time of year to gather a few potted plants to strategically place around the house in the sun and watch the flowers bloom!
6. Empty the Fridge: Just before a good grocery overhaul let your fridge get near empty to make it easy for a thorough cleaning throughout!
7. Garbage Odors: Our garbage can have one of the most important jobs in the house but they are easy to forget to maintain! Just incase anything seeped through a bag, take the cans outside for a good rinse with baking soda then let them dry-out upside down!
8. Toiletries: In your bathroom, see if your toothbrush or shower sponge needs replacing, it’s a good idea to replace these every few months. Now is also a good time to throw away and old medicines that you’re unsure of the expiry on.
9. The Garage: If you don’t plan on having organizers like ourselves come out and help minimize clutter for extra space, consider an overhaul of your garage where you remove most everything and then use a strategy for the placement of everything when you put it back together again!
10. The Yard: Last but certainly not least, if you have a yard and one with tree branches that have fallen over the winter or leaves left from the fall, take a few hours to roam your grass and get rid of it so it’s ready for the first lawn mowing!