Window blinds are a true convenience when it comes to privacy for houses and apartments alike. Having the ability to let the sun shine through the windows and into ones home at the flick of a wrist is certainly handy, it isn’t until it comes to cleaning the blinds that the potential for trouble sets in as removing dust can be a daunting task! Depending on the type of window blinds you have and the material they’re made of, they may gather more dust than others so clean accordingly and regularly! In this article we’ll give you some tips to make cleaning your window blinds easier and more effective.
1. The easiest way to start getting a handle on keeping your blinds clean is to get a feather duster that you can run in-between each individual blind on occasion to keep them up to par in cleanliness.
2. Take a portable vacuum nozzle and run it along the blinds to remove dust and dirt.
3. Consider using vinegar. Wear a rubber glove and dip your finger in a bowl of vinegar then simply wipe the blinds down by placing your finger in between the slats of the blinds.
4. Use a soapy sponge. Dip your sponge in warm soapy water and wipe the blonds down repeatedly until clean.
5. Buy a window blind cleaning tool! For just a few dollars you can buy a brush specifically for window blinds from Amazon for example.
6. Get a microfiber towel to pick up hard to remove dust.
7. If your blinds are made of fabric and it seems your not making progress, take them to your nearby dry cleaner.
8. Take the blinds down and bring them outside to be sprayed with water and subsequently dried!
This includes our insider tips on how to clean those pesky yet appreciated window blinds!